Friday, September 6, 2013

OWH VCMP - WOW!

In my line of work we use lots of acronyms.  Evidently acronyms have taken over the world!  :-)
I attempted some of the challenges for the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party.  Here are the two cards that made the cut.  I used my small camera to take these pictures and my lighting was pretty poor so I apologize for the dark pictures.

For the first challenge we were supposed to use inchies to create a winter or Christmas themed card.  It took me a good 2 hours to get this design the way I wanted.  And this was the second card.  I'm too embarrassed to show you the first card:
Although I did not follow the sketch exactly, I started with it.  I used a stamp set from Stampin Up and the die set that works with the stamps.  I used a hole punch after I stamped the ornaments on patterned paper and strung them on gold ribbon.  I used foam tape to pop some of the ornaments up and just adhered the background ornaments to the solid card stock.  I used another Stampin Up die to cut the fancy bottom.  I used the same patterned paper for the card as I did for the ornaments.  The Merry Christmas stamp is one that I've used for years.

The second card I made was the triple stamping card using a die cutting machine.

When I started it, I instantly thought Silhouette - it will be easy!  Well of course it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  It isn't technically triple stamped either.  It seems I'm missing a couple matts and a layer of patterned paper.  Oh well - I tried.  :-)  I think it turned out okay.  I used a rectangular nesting frame from the silhouetteamerica store.

These cards will be going to Operation Write Home for our service men and women to use to keep in touch with their family and friends that are at home while they are away.  If you are interested in contributing cards or anyhero mail/letters - stop by the website.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Psalm 121:7-8 The Lord will protect you from all harm;  he will protect your life.  The Lord will protect you in all you do, now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...