Sunday, May 26, 2013

Birthday Balloons and Some Old Fashioned Sewing

I've had my sewing machine for several years now.  I ordered it from HSN as a Today's Special Value.  I just had to have it!  Why I just had to have it - I don't know.  I finally made room for it in my craft room when I moved down to the basement.  It has it's own little corner.  A couple weeks ago I pulled out the instruction manual and added thread.  This machine is AWESOME!  It threads the needle for heaven's sake.  Of course I had to try it out on some paper right away.  Below is the resulting card:


I used a cut file for the balloon cut out from The Cutting Cafe.  They have some really cute cut files that you can pull into the Silhouette software - check them out.  The cardstock in the background is some that I've had for years.  The happy birthday came from a Stampendous set with lots of different words you can use to make phrases.  I used nestability dies to cut out the circle and the scallop circle.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in red to distress the edges.  The sentiment was stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black.

I tried adjusting my stitch length on the sewing machine, but I am going to have to read the manual to find out how - I was not successful at that task.

I can tell you I am definitely going to be sewing more cards.

Have a great day and be inspired.  April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...