Thursday, February 27, 2014

Viva Las Vegas!

We went to Las Vegas for President's Day weekend which happened to include Valentines Day.

We went for multiple reasons.  One to see the Eagles in concert at MGM.  Two was because my husband loves the Eagles and loves Las Vegas so if the Eagles are playing in Las Vegas - he wants to be there.

While we were there Todd wanted to go see the Kounting Cars car collection.  He has a 1968 Camaro that he has had since high school that he wants restored.  He was actually hoping to talk to someone about getting it restored, but Danny wasn't there.   As a matter of fact, when we asked about talking to someone and were told you have to send an email to get anything looked at.  I told them that we'd sent an email.  We were then told it would be one to three months before they could get back to us.  This is not unexpected as it is a popular show and they do beautiful work.  It did, however, make me question the shows where people came to the door right as they were closing to talk to Danny and he saw them.  My husband does not agree with my suspicion.  :-)

And again I am being wordy, but there is a point to my story.  Since we went to Kounting Cars and took no side trips I decided we should go check out VivaLasVegaStamps in person.

It was a little off the beaten path, but not far.  We took a taxi.  The outside is not your typical Vegas advertising.  lol



Inside is a stampers dream.  My pictures are just a small part of the extensive collection of wood mounted stamps.  It is overwhelming which is just like Vegas.  :-)




I found a Yorkie stamp that I of course had to have.  For stamping I tend to prefer the clear acrylic stamps.  But the beauty of a wood mounted stamp is that not only can you use it to decorate cards, it is a decoration in itself.  I will use the Yorkie stamp, but I bought it more for decorating than stamping.  I also found a stamp that looks like Allie, my Mother -in-laws baby (dog).  And since Betty (my Mother-in-law) watches Gracie when we go out of town, I got it for her.  She is the only one I trust to watch my little lady.  :-)

I wish we had a stamp store in Louisville that had the extensive collection that VivaLasVegaStamps has.  If you're ever in the area - go check it out.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April
Genesis 2:7  And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...