Friday, June 6, 2014

Kicks - This Week's Theme

I am working on themes as I've been crafting in themes as of late.  I can't tell you why - I don't know.  But I thought it would work well for my blogging.  If it works, don't question it - right?

This week's theme has been kicks or sandals or things that cover your feet.  :-)

You know I LOVE flip flops so I have been using my flip flop Stamps of Life set like crazy.

Last week I did flip flops in red, white and blue.  This week - I am expanding my horizons using other colors and styles.

I did some watercolor painting in the background of this card.  Then I put lots of ink on my waterbrush and flicked it to make splatter.  Then I blew on the splatter to make streams of splatter.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks for the water color background.



I also made the feminine version of the high top tennis shoe card.  The background was made using my new Craftwell airbrush system with Tombow markers.  I am going to like that airbrush system.  It isn't complex and it is perfect for my needs.


Is there something that flips your flops?  I am a sucker for flowers, too.  What are you a sucker for?

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and be inspired.

Stay tuned next week - I'm going masculine in honor of Father's Day.  :-)

April

Ephesians 4:25  Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

1 comment:

  1. I love these too! The enamel dots look fantastic with the ink splatters!!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...