Friday, July 18, 2014

Print n Cut Continued

From what I understand I should be able to Print and Cut with my Cricut Explore at some point, but just not yet.  When I can - I will revisit this theme with the Explore.

In the meantime, I will be printing and cutting with my Silhouette.  This feature is a time saver.  When you don't have the time to piece together a card and like me, you've waited until the last minute to create a card, you can use the print n cut feature.

Here is a card I made using the print n cut.


I used the stitched border dies from Pretty Pink Posh.  The 'hello' is a print and cut from the Silhouette store.


Again - I used the stitched border die from Pretty Pink Posh.  The hearts are print and cut from the Silhouette Store.  The thanks sentiment was cut using a die from lil'inkers.  I also used a pearl pen to add the accent.

When I use the print n cut, I am still creating a hand made card.  I am just cutting corners a little bit.  I feel like I am cheating, but in a pinch - you do what you gotta do.

Do you feel like you're cheating when you go digital?  Or are you a 21st century crafter and there is no remorse?  I envy 21st century crafters with digital scrapbooking  and digital images for their handmade masterpieces.  In the meantime, I'm kickin it old school.  :-)  After all, I have more time since my kids are all grown up.

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Romans 10:9 - 10  If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous, April!! You are pretty modern if you are using a Silhouette with cutting files, right? I've not gone there yet but the things I've seen created with those machines are amazing - like your cards! But it's not that much more modern than using a die or even a punch - well I guess it's more precise and you can do more with it, but you know what I mean. The only 21st century conveniences that give me pause are precolored images. That seems to just take the fun out of it, to me, but to each his own in this day and age! It's all good in this hobby of ours!! I hope you're having a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...