Monday, September 15, 2014

All That Glitters Is Not Gold

But that's okay in the crafting world.  We like glitter that is pink and red and blue and even white!  I have some crafty friends who do not consider a project complete unless there is some glitter on it.  LOL

I have shyed away from glitter over the years because I like to make cards to donate to OWH.  But since they do not need as many cards due to the troops coming home (which is a good thing), I've expanded my outlook on donating cards.  There are several charities who accept hand made cards especially for children.  I will be including a link to one when I finally send them the cards I've made.  :-)

When I wrote this down as this week's theme - I didn't think it all the way through.  It is fairly difficult to get glitter to 'show up' without using photoshop in a picture.  Oh well - you will have to use your imagination.  :-)


 The little white flecks in his fur is glitter - it is - I swear!  This little guy comes from the Close to My Heart stamp set called Happy Forever (D1423) along with the sentiment.  I stamped is using Stamping Up Chocolate Chip ink.  The butterflies were colored using Tombow markers and they glitter because of a glitter pen.  The clouds were created using two cloud punches by Fiskars.  And the hedgehog fuzz is glittery flocking.

If you would like to win a stamp set from Unity link up your glittery project here:
   

An InLinkz Link-up

Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  Stay tuned tomorrow for some more glittery goodness from Fun Stampers Journey.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Romans 12:9 - 10  Love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil;  cling to what is good.  Be devoted to one another in love.  Hone one another above yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. April, that is the cutest little fellow. I love how you used some of my favorite products....Flocking and Glitter. The combination is fantastic. The card is so cute, I just love it.

    Happy crafting!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...