Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

It is officially 2015.  No sense in fighting it - time is not going to stop so let's celebrate the ringing in of the new year.

2014 has come to an end.  Here is how I've done on my 2014 New Year's Resolutions.

1)  Only buy what I need and not EVERYTHING I want.  Overall - I did better than previous years, but I still need to work on it.

2)  As far as crafting:

                   Keep up with  Project Life - Epic FAIL!  I haven't decided if I want to try it again for
                    2015 or not.

                  Catch up on my scrapbooking of vacations and trips - This will be a resolution for 2015.
                  I have not been doing as well with this as I would like.

                  Make lots of cards for Operation Write Home - I've made all kinds of cards.  I haven't                           focused so much on OWH as I have cards for kids.  I want to send a box of cards to Send                     a Smile 4 Kids.  I've also been doing more box cards.  And I've sent more RAK cards than                   previously.

                  Use up my stash!  I need to get my stash organized!  Another goal for 2015.

                  Participate in challenges in order to accomplish my goals.  A BIG FAT ZERO!  It will
                  definitely be on next years list of goals.

3)  Get organized.  I have made great progress, but still have a long way to go.  It didn't get the way it is overnight.  So as long as I keep plugging along, I will be satisfied with my progress.

4)  Spend at least 5 minutes a day (not nearly enough) nurturing my faith either by devotion or reading the Bible.  I have kept up on my Bible Study Plan and am 95% done.  So I have kept up with this goal.  My 2015 goal will be to read the Old Testament.

That is my progress report.  I didn't do as well with my goals as I would have liked, but having these resolutions and doing quarterly check ups helps to remind me. 

If you made new year's resolutions for 2014 - did you keep them?  Have you done a check up?  Are you going to make resolutions for 2015?

Thank you for stopping by the blog.  Tune in tomorrow for a Christmas card design.  The first of the year 2015.  I plan on making multiples of the card designs and by Thanksgiving - I should be ready to mail out my Christmas cards.  Seriously!

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Hebrews 4:16  Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year April. I hope as this first day of 2015 comes to an end the year ahead is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...