Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Birthday!

This week's theme is Happy Birthday.  I never seem to have a stash of birthday cards.  I can't tell you why.  And masculine birthday cards - forget about it!

I asked my husband if a truck with flowers in it was too girly.  I was told yes.  I asked if balloons are girly and he said yes.  Ugh!

So here is what I came up with for Darryl's birthday:



I don't think it is girly.  I used a stamp set from Stamps of Life for the candles.  I used Archival Ink to stamp the candles and then used Fun Stampers Journey Glaze to make the candles look waxy.  I used a glitter pen to give the flames a little glitter.  What?  It's masculine.  Flames glitter!

Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in tomorrow for Diane's latest AI lady birthday card.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Matthew 20:28  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

2 comments:

  1. Fab card. I like that it could be used for a lady or a man.

    Hope you have a nice Easter Monday. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think Darryl liked it. :-)
      April

      Delete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...