Thursday, September 5, 2013

X's and O's


I used an old Hero Arts doily stamp along with a Spellbinder Dies for the scallop circles.  I also used a brad from Reflections for the center of the flower that had the coordinating colors.  As usual, I am CASing another card maker.  You can go to Brandy's Cards to see where I got the idea for this card.  And check out her other cards, too.

This card will be going to Operation Write Home.  This organization sends hand made cards to our troops serving away from home.  The service people in turn can send these cards home to their loved ones to stay in touch.  I will also send some any hero cards to let our service people know that I appreciate the sacrifices they are making in order to keep me safe.  Whether you agree with why our troops are where they are or not - we should always support the actual men and women who are doing the work they have been assigned.  I thank the good Lord every day there is someone who is willing to protect us.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Colossians 4:2  Devote yourselves to prayer.  Be watchful and thankful.

1 comment:

  1. This is truly a striking card, with just that flash of color in the blue brad. I like that you designed it for an excellent cause too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...