Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gratitude

At the beginning of the year I chose my word of the year.  My word is Gratitude.  Although I sometimes forget that I am supposed to be grateful for everything, I have been working towards accepting all that I have been given with gratitude.

Sometimes I am presented with situations in life that it is easy to be grateful for (I know this is a dangling participle).  I am grateful for all the flowers and wildlife along the side of the road that I can enjoy while the girls (the dogs) and I take our morning walks.  I am grateful for my church, my family and my friends.  I am grateful for my job and that I am able to work from home.

Then I am also presented with situations in life that I find harder to be grateful for.  And that is where the work truly comes in.  Maybe there are things my family does that interrupt my plans.  I try to be grateful for the fact that I have a family to disrupt my life.  Maybe there is someone at work that challenges my patience.  I try to be grateful for my job and the fact that I am able to help that person.

As someone who believes that everything happens for a reason - being grateful should come naturally.  And even though it doesn't always come easily - I am grateful for the opportunity to participate in the One Word 365 Blog Challenge.  I guess I need to be thinking about next year's word - you know since I've got this year's word conquered.  ;-)

Here is my picture share for the week:




Have a great day and be inspired.

April

2 Timothy 3:14-15  You, however, must continue in the things you have learned and are confident about.  You know who taught you and how from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to give you wisdowm for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning April!! I hope you had wonderful weekend. I had a really nice time with family and I did squeeze in a little crafting. So I shall not disappoint with my mission to create with my kits.

    I too believe things happen for a reason. And what makes me really happy is when I actually realize when they do. I thought WOYWW brought us together and have been ever so thrilled you decided to follow along with my blog series but more things get revealed how you and I are meant for our new friendship. I too choose a word each year. I actually participate with Ali Edwards workshop that walks you throughout the year a way to keep the word alive through creative projects. I chose the word Invite this year and I have to say that I believe it has changed my life even when I don't realize that I wasn't actively thinking about it.

    I love the pretty photos you shared today. Very pretty and where I sit I think you are doing a marvelous job with gratitude. Ok I am going to stop my babble and get to work.

    Have a blessed day my friend!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...