Monday, November 11, 2013

Project Life My Way - My Week 4 - The Process

I am really enjoying this Project Life Project this time around.  I think it is all in the way you approach it.  The first time I started Project Life I thought of it as a task; something I had to do.  And I think that is why I failed.  This time I think of it as challenge; something I choose to do.  It's all in the attitude of the approach.  I am modeling Project Life to my lifestyle.  And I think that is what Becky Higgin's goal was for this product.

I have been working on my PL for 4 weeks now.  I did a video for week 1 and week 2.  For some reason, I have a process video for week 4 including parts 1 and 2; but, I don't have the video for week 3.  I will do a video for week 3 which is done, just not documented.

I've found what works best for me - so far - is to work Sunday to Monday.  Then on Sunday evening I pull my pictures together and print them.  The sooner I record my activities for the week in my journaling - the more details I will remember.  I've seen videos where people print their pictures using Persnickity Prints or another service and take notes about what they are going to journal.  Again - use the process that works best for you.

I then take a few minutes on the evenings that I have time and work through the week to finish my 2 page spread.  I have found that a two page spread for a week works best for me.  I've also seen others who prefer a one page spread per week.

Here is my process video - part 1.  I've sped up the boring parts, but you get the idea at what goes into creating a weekly spread:


If you're going to do Project Life - go in with the 'I want to do it' attitude.  If you feel like it is something you 'must' do, you won't have the right perspective.  When you are going through the week, think about your PL album when you're taking pictures.  I try to remember to take pictures when I have dinner with my husband or my friends so I can include those memories in that week's pages.

I will conclude week 4 in the next few days.  It is mostly the finished spread.  And then I will go over what I did for week 3.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Hebrews 12:1-2  Let us run with patience the race that is set before us looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi April! First can I say your comments on my blog are just the shot of joy I love when sitting down to craft. Thanks. I replied on my blog to your lovely comment.

    I agree with you totally. I think I put too much pressure on myself the many times before when I started Project Life. This year, I didn't do myself in when I got behind. I just kept taking pictures and journaling. I usually print at home but since I have a large group of photos, I have been uploading them to my local pharmacy which is having a great sale and I can pick them up a few hours later. I think another way to keep me motivated is to regularly sit with the album and look at what I have done and also watch my husband and boys look at it. When I see their eyes light up as they recall a memory while looking at the album, I know I am doing what I was meant to do.

    I would love to incorporate video on my blog. It's on my list. Yours are very good and I love seeing the album that way. Such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing. Keep them coming.

    Have a blessed day my friend!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...