Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Sewing Beast

A lot of you have asked what kind of sewing machine I have.  Actually, no one has ever asked me that, but I've always wanted to say it.  LOL  So even though no one has asked - I'm gonna tell you about my sewing beast because I want to.  :-)  That's the whole reason for blogging right?  To share.

I use my sewing machine to sew paper more than anything else.  Although I have sewn a bra or two.  You know the bra that you've worn until it fits you perfectly.  And then the seams start coming apart.  ugh.

It can sew just like any other machine, but what makes my machine a beast are the features.  It has a self threading needle.  Yes, self threading.  Once I thread the machine which is very intuitive with easy instructions right on the machine, I push a button and the needle is threaded.  It's awesome!

The next feature are the buttons on the machine that I use to put the needle down, sew, reverse and cut the thread.  Instead of using the foot pedal, I use the 4 buttons on the machine to perform all those tasks.

Here is a picture of my beauty.  I picked her up on day on HSN.  I know, I should never be watching HSN when I'm in the mood to spend money.  But this girl was worth every penny.  :-)


I picked up this variety pack of thread at JoAnn Fabric.  Another good investment.  I am always able to find a coordinating thread for any card I've made.

Just a close up so you can see the brand name.

And a little view of the eye candy.

If you don't sew, there is always time to learn.  You can use it for sewing material, fixing garments you already have, quilting, paper crafting and all kinds of other things.  I'm sure there is a youtube channel that will teach you how to sew.  I was fortunate enough to learn from my mom.  :-)

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Mark 2:27-28  then he said to them, 'The Sabbath wsa made for man, not man for the Sabbath.  So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

1 comment:

  1. Hi April I thought I would answer your question in both locations (our blogs). The form I use is great. It only cost 99cents. You can find it here:
    http://spandcompany.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=256
    I printed out 4 at a time to cover the month. I sit it on my desk and each day I fill in journaling for that day. I didn't use the mini 2-page layout on the top of the sheet for week one but I did for week two. I think it is helping me stay motivated too. I hope it works for you let me know.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...