Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Light of My Life

I have a list of cards that I need to create this week for multiple purposes.  Unfortunately I need to make sympathy cards.  You know they say deaths come in threes.  Well, it came in threes for me.  So sad, a friend who just retired in November died from a heart attack, another coworker lost her son in a car accident and our former neighbor who was up in age passed away.  It makes me sad when I have to make sympathy cards, but it seems those are what I make the most of for my personal use.

On a lighter note, I need to make two get well cards for coworkers.  So, while making those I decided to make my RAK cards, too.  And while I was into it, I thought I would make some extras for OWH.

I like to start with a sketch and this time I started with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


Here is the card I came up with:


I used a mini stamp kit sold by Archivers with stamps by Tim Holtz and a 6 x 6 paper pad by Authentique to create the 4.25 x 5.5 inch cards.  It's hard to see but I used a sparkle pen to color the metal portion of the bulb and the wire in the yellow portion of the bulb.

I was able to make several cards including the two get well cards that I needed along with two more cards for my RAK and several cards for OWH.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Luke 6: 37  Do not judge and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn and you will not be condemned.  Forgive and you will be forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool card! I love the blueprint style light bulb! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous card with fabulous colours! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...