Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hey Now You're an All Star

Whenever I hear the phrase 'All Star' I think of the song by Smash Mouth and then it gets stuck in my head.  Hey now you're all star, get your game on, go play.  Hey now, you're a rock star......  Love that tune.

Anywoo - that's today's sentiment for the cards I made for OWH.


I used patterned paper from Stampin Up, solid cardstock from my stash, a Lawn Fawn Star die set and Viva Decor Pearl Pen in red and white.  I also did some sewing on the star.  I'm happy with the way these cards turned out.  I think they can be used for a guy which is unusual for me.  :-)

You can see another card in the background.  I'd used a Fiskars punch to punch some stars from some patterned paper, but ended up not using them on this card.  So I put then on a solid background and sewed them down.  Not quite sure what I'm gonna do for the sentiment.  As I said - it's a process.

These cards will go to Operation Write Home where they will be sent to soldiers serving away from home.  If you have some extra cards you'd like to donate - check out their website for guidelines and join in on making cards for our heroes.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April
Isaiah 12: 1 - 2  In that day you will say 'I will praise you, Lord.  Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me.  Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...