Monday, August 4, 2014

Works of Art?

This week is paint splatter week on my blog.  I am obsessed with paint splatters and swishes.  This week I am going to showcase projects taking advantage of those art inspired splatters and swishes.

Here are some examples:

I got this idea on Pinterest.  I took some of the stamps from the Stampin up Work of Art set and made tulips.  I do need some practice as my tulips were not as pretty as the ones on the card on Pinterest.  I also used the Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge set (one of my ALL TIME FAVES) for the paint splatters.  I told you I was obsessed.  I topped it all off with some enamel dots and pink bling.

Tim Holtz helped me out of the following 2 cards.  I used a Tim Holtz stencil with paint splatters and Time Holtz Distress Ink in Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and Barn Door.  I really like the way this card turned out.  I think I'm going to do a set of these in different colors.  The sentiment is stamped with Archival Ink in black and with a stamp from Little Yellow Bicycle.  It's topped off with matching bling.

This card is done with the same stencil and with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in colors Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar.  The sentiment is also from Little Yellow Bicycle and topped off matching bling.

And I took the paint splatters stencil and created a large variety of cards.  I added stitching, too.



Can you see why I love paint splatter?  These cards are fun.  I hope they will bring a smile to someone's face.

Do you have any trends that you are obsessed with?  If so, what are your favorites right now?

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Stay tuned this week for more splatters, splats and splotches.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April

1 John 3:16  This is how we know what love is:  Jesus laid down his life for us.  And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

  1. April, your cards turned out fantastic! I'm liking this technique and may just have to give it a try. The Tulip card looks like you did it freehand and btw you did a great job. I really like the Stencil you used. It looks like you painstakingly had to do the splatter and think about where to put them, etc, when it was a Stencil...love that. One good thing is if you mess up, no one would have to know....lol...it was meant to be.
    Happy Crafting!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :-) I liked that they look more complicated than they are.

    April

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...