Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This week's theme - Bunches of Love for Flowers

Since the theme is a little vague - you will be seeing lots of flowers from me this week.  You know how I LOVE flowers.  So I have 'bunches of love' for flowers.

Today's card is a test using Bic Mark-it markers.  I found the set in Target and I've heard about people using them as a lower cost alternative to Copic markers.

Here is my project:
I used a digital image that I printed some time back.  I used a Lil Inkers rectangle die to cut the image out.

Here are the markers:




Here is my opinion.  I LOVE giving my opinion almost as much as I LOVE flowers.  If you're not a serious colorer (is that a word?) then I think you will be perfectly happy with Bic Mark-it markers.  You might have to play around with the colors to find 3 in a color family that blend well together, but I think it's doable.  What might even be more doable would be to use just 2 colors because those seem to be placed together in the package.  It is definitely a lower cost alternative as the package of 36 markers was $19.99.  36 Copics would be at least $180.00.

I also have a confession to make.  I took a Copic yellow and blended out the yellow of the Mark-it markers.  I couldn't help it.

I hope this was helpful.  Stay tuned tomorrow for WOYWW.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and make it, live it and share it.

April

Psalm 18:30  As for God, his way is perfect:  The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...