Wednesday, September 5, 2012



Hello Blog.  I've been very busy, I just haven't been sharing my creations.  So here are a few cards that I've been working on.

This is a layer card.  Very simple, just takes patience with the measuring.   Here are the measurements for this example:

The card base is 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 folded in half (in this design it is pink)
Three pieces of white cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4,  3 1/2  x  4 3/4 and 3 x 4 1/4
Two pieces of the card base color cut at 3 3/4 x 5 and 3 1/4 x 4 1/2

Using repositionable tape place the three pieces of white card stock on top of one another with the largest piece on the bottom and the smallest piece on top.

Pick a stamp - any stamp.  In this example I used Stampin Up Reason to Smile.  For the flower base I used Stampin Up Crumb Cake and for the detail of the flower I used Stampin Up Melon Mambo.  Start in the middle and stamp outward.

Once you are done stamping, take the white pieces apart and place them on the corresponding mats - in this case pink.  Place your largest piece of white card stock on your card base.

Then carefully line up the flowers and place the next largest matted piece down.  Then the smallest matted piece down making sure the stamping detail lines up.  And that's it!  Beautiful card - very simple to make.  I put some bling in the middle of my flowers just to pretty up the card.


 This is the same type of card as above, but I changed the sizes of the mats and white paper.  I've decided I like the size of the white paper, but I want the mats to be smaller.  Here the measurements for this card.  Basic card size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
Mats in Kraft are 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 and 2 1/2 x 3 3/4
White card stock is 4 x 5 1/4, 3 x 4 1/4 and 2 x 3 1/4

For this card I used Stampin Up Chocolate Chip ink and By the Seashore stamp set.















This is the inside of the halloween card I have been working on.  I used a combination of stamps.  The main stamp is Stampendous Mumeek.  The other stamps are from a Stampin Up set Autumn Aparitions.  I think the spider inside the card is super cute.






 I stamped the main stamp on white card stock in
Versamark Ink.  Then I used black embossing powder to create the image.  I used a Versamark pen to color in the white swatches of mummy wrap and embossed with white embossing powder.  The bat was done with black embossing powder as is the spider on the outside of the other card.  I distressed the edges of the circle with my main image as well as inking them with Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot.  I colored the pumpkin and puppy with Prismacolor markers.  I used small Basic Grey brads in orange to attach my cardstock to the black cardstock.  I then used pop dots to place the image with the frame on the orange card stock.


This is the inside of the second card.
I just love the little spider!

I spent Friday night and Saturday scrapbooking.  I will load those pictures tomorrow.

Happy scrapbooking and card making!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...