Monday, August 12, 2013

Ghoststamping




I've been stalking Darlene again.  Although, this time I didn't copy her exactly.  I chose a different silhouette stamp than Darlene used.  Her tutorial is located here - Ghoststamping with Secret Garden.  I started with my favorite stamp - Stampin Up Inspired by Nature.  I used a Versamark Ink pad that is white dye ink.  I think I should have used a pigment ink for this technique, but the dye ink is all I had on hand.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Picked Rasberry for one image and Ripe Persimmon for other image.  I used Tim Holtz Bundled Sage for the stems and the flowers.  Following Darlene's instructions I took coordinating colors of Derwent's Inktense Pencils to add shading to the flowers.  I also used a brown pencil to color the top of the coneflowers.

I inked the edges of the kraft cardstock with some more Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and placed it on a cardbase of a coordinating color.  I used the stub side of a Corner Chomper on the corners of the kraft card stock.

These cards will be going to Operation Write Home.  This non-profit organization sends hand made cards to troops serving away from home.  Those troops in turn can send those cards home to their loved ones to stay in touch.

Are you a card maker?  Check out Operation Write Home and you too can help support our troops.  You can also support our troops by sending encouraging letters and cards letting them know we appreciate their service.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April


4 comments:

  1. April, your cards are amazing. I really like the technique and how ithey turned out. Would love to see a video.....

    I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I became a follower...
    Have a great week!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunnng! beautiful colouring! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...