Sunday, October 13, 2013

Greetings for Fall - A Card and A Video

I had a very productive weekend.  I did laundry and cleaned a bathroom.  I straightened up my craft room.  I took a bunch of cards that came from work that had magnets on the back part of the card.  They are all hand made cards, but they were examples at the craft store I work at.  The store generously donated them to me to be repurposed for OWH.  I went through the box of cards and cut the fronts off.  Those with glitter or that were too thick for OWH can be used for other church projects.  All those that could be used for OWH, I put on new card bases and secured anything that was loose.  I stamped Operation Write Home on the back and tucked them into envelopes.  I also wrote some any Hero notes in some note cards that I had.  My box is packed and ready to go.  Shew!

And I made a video.



I used my Unity Stamp of the Week, Spectrum Noir Pens to color the owl, googly eyes, embossing powder, a heat gun and some paper to create a fall card.

Here is a picture of the finished product:


I neglected to mention in the video that I used alcohol markers to color the owl.  The paper is from a 6x6 paper pack by Simple Stories.  I hope you can find some inspiration in my card.

Have a great day and be inspired.

1 Peter 2:4-6  So as you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but chosen and precious in God's sight, you yourselves, as living stones, are built up as a spirtual house to be a holy priesthood and to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  For it says in scripture, 'Look, I lay in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and whoever believes in him will never be put to shame.'

1 comment:

  1. Oh April I love the card it is so cute. Oww and a video too. Sweet. I want to start making videos but I don't have a tripod. I see you have more videos on YouTube I will check them out. Hope you are working on a layout my friend!!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...