Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stars and Stripes Overload!

Well my vacation week has gone by very quickly.  I have one more day and it is back to reality.  So before I go back to reality - I have lots of stars and stripes projects to show you.

Although it is a stretch on the stripes - they are stripes - they are just in the shape of chevrons.  :-)  The card is from the silhouette store design 62006.  You will notice I used that design several times.  The paper is from Doodlebug's Halloween collection.


The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Hexagon set.

I used the triple stamping technique, but used printed paper instead of stamping.  This striped paper is from Recollections at Michaels.  It is in a 12 x 12 paper pad.  The ribbon is leftover ribbon.

The inside of the card is special.  It is from the Silhouette Store design 39780.


Here is the tri fold card design again.  The stripes are chevron, but the stars are stars.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


I'm really loving this card design.  Stripes are in the chevron pattern.  Evidently I like chevrons, too.




This is my own design.  I actually meant to hide the edges of the acetate, but I stitched the wrong side forgetting my color thread wasn't on the bobbin.  I used star dies from Lawn Fawn.  The Smile sentiment is from Fun Stampers Journey.  I also used FSJ Wild Berry Ink.

The acetate star is visible from the outside of the card and inside the card.  The sequins are from the Mighty Dollar.


I had fun creating these cards.  I still want to do a two page layout using the stars and stripes.  We'll see how ambitious I get.

Tune in next week for a new theme - Life's a Beach.  I already have a card from Diane that I cannot wait to share.  She loves the AI characters and does an excellent job coloring them.

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Psalm 46:10  He says, 'Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in all the earth.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...