Friday, December 19, 2014

The Reason for the Season - This Time for Real

I finally got to making some items for this week's theme with the real reason for the season.

I cut out the manger scene on my Explore on clear contact paper.  I put it on the cardstock and used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color in the night sky around the image.  I then used a splatter stamp with some white pigment ink to stamp the stars and the sentiment.  I put the cardstock on a black card background.



I used the negative image from manger scene on the card to mask this candy jar and then applied glass etching creme to create the manger scene on the candy jar.

And these are examples of the real reason for the season.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you found some inspiration.

Tune in next week for a new theme.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Psalm 119:10  I seek you with all my heart;  do not let me stray from your commands.

2 comments:

  1. The etching is lovely.

    Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! I love the idea of using contact paper to mask the image and using the negative was brilliant as well! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...