Monday, December 15, 2014

The Reason for the Season.....

This week's theme is the reason for the season.  And although I know the reason for the season is the birth of Jesus Christ, the first thing I am going to do is post some gifts that I made.  But since Jesus was a gift to us from God - I'm kind of on theme.  Don't judge me.  ;-)

I have discovered vinyl.  I've known about vinyl, but was afraid.  Everyone told me that if I ever started playing with it - there was no going back.  How right they were.

I found these cups at the Dollar Tree and I snatched them up.  Although my design is not terribly elaborate - I am sure it is just the beginning.




I used vinyl from My Vinyl Direct and I am pleased with the results.  I used my Silhouette Cameo for all the images and text.  I prefer my Silhouette for text -  I just like the control I have in the software.  I used clear contact paper instead of transfer tape.  I like the way it worked and I didn't feel like I was wasting money when I made a mistake.

I have 4 nieces and 1 nephew on my families side.  I made each of them a cup.  I hope they enjoy them.

I do intend to have some projects featuring the reason for the season.  But remember - God gave us a gift so I am featuring the gifts I am giving.  I know - it's a stretch.  But I'm all about living on the edge.  LOL

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  If you haven't tried vinyl - don't let it scare you.  It's not that hard.  If you can use your machine for paper - you can do vinyl.  Just remember to set your blade to a 1 or 2 or to set your dial to vinyl.  I speak from experience.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Acts 20: 24  However,  I consider my life worth nothing to me;  my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace.

3 comments:

  1. Fabby. You've made it look very easy.

    Hope your plans are on schedule for the big day.

    Take care. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cups!!! I am so happy that you are helping us on Challenges for Days, that you are American (LOL) AND that you have a Cameo - so do I - love it!!! xo Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, great job on tHe vinyl. You are right working with vinyl and then Glass etching is some of my favorite things to make and beware can be addictive...lol. The recipients are sure to love them.
    Happy crafting!
    Dee B

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...