Monday, April 27, 2015

The Trouble With Watercolor

I stuggle with watercolor.  I love what I see others doing, but I have not mastered this form.  I haven't even minored it.

I've been watching videos and trying different techniques.  I did a butterfly that went into the garbage.  I've done some flowers that don't even look like flowers;  they look like orange blobs on green lines.

Here is a birthday card I made for my Mom and I am actually very happy with it.



I followed some instructions that Jennifer McGuire shared in this video:
Watercoloring with Distress Markers with Jennifer McGuire

Now I used Tombow markers because those are the markers I have the best selection of.  I also tried the ironing to transfer the embossing powder to typing paper and I had no success.  I used clear embossing powder from Stampin Up.  The stamp is by Close to My Heart.  The sentiment stamp is by Avery Elle.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you try watercoloring.  I think it's one of those techniques that takes practice - just like coloring.

Have a great day and be inspired.

April

Psalm 91:1  Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card for your mum.

    Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I've watched videos too and your card turned out fantastic. The flowers look like they are an image separate from the base. I had to look closely to see that they are part of the technique....I think??? Nicely done!

    Have a great week!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April! That is an awesome card. I am having trouble getting inspired and so glad I came to visit you today for some inspiration. Your blog always inspires me even though I am not a card maker or stamper. Big hugs and keep on painting those cards. This one is SO pertty! Oh and I am going to go check out that line too!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...