Monday, December 4, 2017

The Twelve Shirts of Christmas - Shirt 1

Welcome to my holiday shirt series.  For some reason I am now obsessed with making Christmas shirts.  Well, maybe shirts in general, but Christmas shirts are definitely my current focus.  I need to make some cards, but I spent this afternoon ruining some vinyl and pressing some shirts.  I have been sharing my holiday shirts on Facebook, but I will go into a little more detail on where I got the image and how I made the shirts on the blog.

Shirt #7:



You Are Never Too Old To Believe in Magic Shirt Recipe

This is a design that I have been eyeing in Etsy for quite some time.  I filled my cart with Etsy images and the total was about $45.00.  Now for the number of images I had in my cart, that price is very reasonable.  However, my funds were pretty tight and I wasn't able to spend $45.00 on t-shirt images.  So, I went into Silhouette Studio V4 and proceeded to come up with my own versions of the sentiments I had loaded into my cart.  This image, however, was different.  No matter how I tried, I couldn't recreate it.  You can't mess with perfection.  So I purchased it from Etsy here

My Silhouette Cameo has been giving me some trouble.  It might be because I am using the BETA version of the new version of Silhouette Studio and I haven't updated lately.  I chose to cut this one out with my Cricut Maker.  Here is the video showing how I cleaned up the image so that I could cut it out the way I wanted using Cricut Design Space and my Cricut Maker.

I love my Cricut Maker.  Check out my video for some tips on bringing in svg's from outside vendors.

This might be my favorite Christmas shirt.  This purple heather t-shirt is such a pretty color.  It was originally going to be my Let It Snow shirt which you will see tomorrow, but that changed.  I will share why in tomorrow's post.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in tomorrow for shirt #2 in my Christmas T-shirt series.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

Happy Birthday Joan.  :-)

April

Matthew 1:  18 - 19  This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[d]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.  Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! Those lights are beautiful!! I love the colors and sparkle!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...