Sunday, January 7, 2018

Smiles are Always in Fashion

Last month my t-shirt fashion mission was to create a Christmas/holiday t-shirt for every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It was a stretch goal to say the least, but let's just say I have quite a selection of Christmas/holiday t-shirts for next year.  My t-shirt fashion goal for January is not quite as aggressive.  I've labeled the month of January my inspirational t-shirt month.  I want to create at least one inspirational t-shirt a week for the month of January.  If I find more inspirational sayings I will definitely not hesitate to make more.

Here is the first in my inspirational series.




Smiles are Always in Fashion T-shirt Recipe

I saw this online somewhere and thought it was a good inspirational saying.  This red Gildan t-shirt is one of my favorites.  It is a blue red and has a black heather running through it.  One layer of vinyl would have been sufficient, but I've found a layer of flat vinyl behind a layer of glitter vinyl is even better.  This is black and silver glitter.  The silver glitter isn't just plain silver glitter, it's black silver.  As has become my modus operandi, the saying was pulled from the internet into Silhouette Studio, traced, offset created and saved as an SVG.  The SVG was pulled into Cricut Design Space and the images were cut out using my Maker.  Although that black silver HTV is beautiful, it is not fun to weed.  There are some colors of glitter HTV that for some reason are just not easy to weed.  Black Silver and Hot Pink are the 2 I've found so far.  I had to reach back into the garbage can a couple times to find the word 'in' and dots for the i's.  My Cricut Easy Press was used to adhere the HTV to the t-shirt.  There was a cat sitting on my heat press.  LOL

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt decorating project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Luke 2:  49 - 50  “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...