Monday, September 16, 2019

Quilting with Panels and Pool Noodles + No Binding

Want to make a quick lap quilt - let's use a panel, some coordinating fabric and some batting.  We're not gonna bind it either.  And though I know it sounds crazy - we're gonna use pool noodles to help us make the quilt sandwich.



I found this adorable panel and the backing fabric at Hobby Lobby.  Watch the video to find out the best way to put the pieces of fabric together.  After the first one, I've gotten pretty good at building my sandwich and top stitching around the edges. 

To give the quilt more dimension - I added some free motion quilting around the different images.  My daughter snagged it before I could get a picture of the finished quilt after it had been free motion quilted and washed.

Have a great day - enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...