Saturday, March 15, 2014

Here Comes the Bride, here comes the bride

We had a wedding to attend last weekend.  I put their gift in a black and white bag.  I used white tissue paper, but white and black would have been better.  I didn't have any black tissue paper, but you can bet I will be getting some.

Then the challenge began - making the card.  We do not attend that many weddings so my selection of wedding stamps is, well, non-existent.  So, I had an idea and went out to the Silhouette Store to find some wedding bells.

I didn't end up with wedding bells, but here is what I came up with:




I found this wedding cake in the Silhouette store.  I cut out the banners using the Stampin Up Banners Framelits.  I used an embossing folder to emboss the 5 1/4" x 4" layer and the small banner.  I created one card with the white as the background and one with black as the background.  I used glossy accents to make the black layers of the cake shiny.  The sentiment is from a set from Paper Studio.

When we walked into the church I saw the bows on the end of the pews and they were black and white!  Her bridesmaids wore black.  Of course her dress what white.  When we walked into the reception - her cake looked just like the one on her card.  I wish I'd taken a picture.  Success.  I also cut out some more cakes and am going to make some more so I have a stash to use or share in RAK's.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April
Psalm 100:4 -5  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...