Monday, June 30, 2014

My Quarterly Resolution Review

Another quarter is ending in the year 2014.  Here is how I've done on my New Year's Resolutions.

1)  Only buy what I need and not EVERYTHING I want.  On May 23, I fell off the wagon.  And then the wagon backed up over me.  And then the wagon rolled forward and over me again!  I bought the Cricut Explore.  In my defense, my Cameo has been acting up and I had a coupon for 15% off.  Then there was Craft Day on HSN.  I bought the Evolution.  I don't even want to talk about that.  Then I bought the Boss n Cut.  And then I went to Ikea and bought the Alex rolly cart.  I have now drug myself back up on the wagon and I've handcuffed myself to the rail of the wagon.

2)  As far as crafting:

                    a)  Keep up with  Project Life - Epic FAIL  My plan for recovery is to print every
                        picture off because I have been keeping up with putting my pictures in my Collect
                        app. Then put them in pockets with some pretty 3 x 4 cards and 4 x 6 cards.

                   b)  Catch up on my scrapbooking of vacations and trips - I'm doing really well at this
                        task.  I've done Washington D.C., Chicago 2011 and 2012, Disney, Mom and Dad's
                       Anniversary Album and some others.

                   c)  Make lots of cards for Operation Write Home - Eh!  I haven't made the progress
                        I did last quarter, but I am working on it.

                    d)  Use up my stash!  I have been using my stash.  You know, in addition to my new
                         stuff.  ;-)

                    e)  Participate in challenges in order to accomplish my goals.  The BIG Zero on
                         this one.

3)  Get organized.  Every week I want to clean out a drawer or a corner of a room.  I am going to work at it small pieces at a time.  And hopefully by the end of the year - I will be decluttered.  On this task I have made great progress.  I have actually made some space in the basement because I have cleaned out some stuff.  I took 15 large Rubbermaid totes to Goodwill and I've listed lots of stuff on
Ebay.  Gold star for me on this one.  :-)

4)  Spend at least 5 minutes a day (not nearly enough) nurturing my faith either by devotion or reading the Bible.  It is a small small amount of time for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me.  Using my Bible app this goal is very doable and I have been good at averaging 5 minutes a day.  If I miss a day, I make it up the next day.

That is my progress report.  I am doing well on some of my resolutions and not so well on others.  Let's see if I can improve at the next quarterly check up.

If you made new year's resolutions - are you keeping them?  Have you done a check up?  Tell me how you're doing on yours.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and be inspired.

April

John 13:34 - 35  "A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...