Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Bubble Greeting Cards - Hello Friend

It's time for another break from holiday shirts.  I will say I pressed 2 more shirts so there will be more coming.  In the mean time, I have been making some cards with the one of the stamp sets from last months Taylored Expressions release called Bubble Greetings.  Love, love, love these big 'fluffy' sentiments.  So many possibilities.  As a matter of fact, I am doing a class with them at Craft Inn using three different sentiments and three different techniques.


Hello Friend Card Recipe

This card was very simple, but doesn't necessarily look simple.  I stamped the Bubble Sentiment in Versamark ink and heat set it in black embossing powder.  I took Tim Holtz oxide inks in the pastel rainbow colors and rubbed the pad on my craft mat.  I spritzed the ink with water and used that to paint the letters in the word friend.  I made extra purple and flicked it on the water color card stock with my paint brush.  I matted the card front on a piece of purple card stock and put that on a card base.  That was it.  I might have added some enamel dots after I took the picture.  All cards need enamel dots - right?

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another t-shirt or card project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Luke 2:  1 - 3   In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.  (This was the first census that took place whileQuirinius was governor of Syria.)  And everyone went to their own town to register.

3 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love the letters!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bubble Word. I used to doodle like that when I was in high school. The background on your card is great too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love the Bible verse too. Perfect reminder, in the midst of all the Christmas busyness. Thanks for sharing that too!

    ReplyDelete

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...