Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year 2018 - Spoiler Alert

Happy New Year!  If you would normally get a Christmas card from me - don't look at the pictures in this post because you will be receiving this card in the mail.  Although I think the card looks better in person than in the pictures.




2018 New Year Card Recipe

This card is based on a New Year Card I found on Pinterest here.  I took some liberties in this CASE, but you can definitely see the 2014 New Year Card in my version.


I cut out the numbers using my Cricut Explore Air 2 (lilac).  I find that when using my Explore Air 2, it is best to always stick with a Deep Cut Blade for paper.  Vinyl - a regular blade will do.  I haven't exactly figured out the best way to cut paper with my Maker as I have been obsessed with HTV lately.  But I digress.  The glitter banner was cut using a MFT banner die.  So the first thing I did was cut out white card stock.  Using Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink I made the red splatter.  Washi tape was pulled out of its storage container to be used across the bottom of the card.  The MISTI was used to stamp the Happy New Year that is from an old Stampin Up set.  The year, banner and black sequins were glued using Nuvo glue.  A black mat was added and the card front placed on a white card base.  I decided not to include the star because I am going to be making quite a few of these since I didn't get my Christmas cards mailed this year.

I hope everyone has their best year yet in 2018.  Please be safe.  Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Luke 2:  36 - 38   There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.  Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...