Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Valentines with Yupo and TE Mandala

Yep - it's January and it's a new year.  First, I would like to wish my husband Happy 29th Anniversary.  Yep - 29 years.  Some days it feels like 50.  Some days it feels like only 28.  ;-)

If you like to be ahead of the game, I am sure you will be working on Valentine's cards in January to be prepared for February.  I myself work best under pressure.  But I needed cards for my January classes, so here we are.  This card will be recreated during my class at Craft Inn in January.  If you're in the Louisville area - sign up if you're interested in making this card.

Here is my Love Valentine card.




Mandala Love Card Recipe

I saw a blog post where the creator of the card used spray starch, Brushos and Yupo Paper.  You can check out the post here at Stamping with Loll.  I thought I have spray starch.  And then I thought, I don't have Brushos, but I have Colorburst.  Then the thought came to me - I can do this cause I have plastic wrap and Yupo paper, too.  And that's what I used to create this background.  The mandala die is from Taylored Expressions and was cut out using a pretty glitter paper.  Penny Black came out with this beautiful Love die that I cut out in white and black and stacked.  Mat is black card stock.  I do want to stamp something on the inside, but haven't done it yet.

April

Luke 2:   39 - 40   When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee to their own town of Nazareth.  And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...