Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thanks 4 Kids Challenge

It is the second Saturday of the month and that means it is time for a new challenge at the Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge blog.  The theme for this challenge is Anything Goes or Thanks 4 Kids.  This challenge no longer has sponsors so you will be participating for pride not prize.    

Send a Smile 4 Kids charity is dedicated to collecting and distributing handmade cards to children who are inpatient at Children's Hospitals.  Please send us your handmade kids' cards for holidays, birthdays, and everyday cheer.  Help us put a smile on our kids' faces.

Here is the card I made for the Design Team for this challenge:





Thanks 4 Kids Card Recipe

If you follow my blog you know I have been stuck in a color rut as of late.  I have been using pink and purple for EVERYTHING.  I decided I needed to expand my color horizons.  I broke out the spray starch, some Metallic Color Burst and Yupo Paper.  I wasted a WHOLE lot of Metallic Color Burst in my quest to use new colors, but the sacrifice paid off with this lovely card.  THANKS is a die from My Favorite Things cut out in a coordinating color cardstock.  The decorated Yupo paper was cut out using a stitched die from My Favorite Things.  A mat was cut out in the same paper as the THANKS.  Coordinating sequins were also added. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Consider entering the challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids.  More importantly, consider sending some cards for our kids who are in the hospital.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.


April

Luke 3:  4 - 6  As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:
“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.
 Every valley shall be filled in,
    every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
    the rough ways smooth.
 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...