Friday, March 2, 2018

Commencing Happy Dance

I am the official card giver and birthday celebrator on my team at work.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is because I make cards, but it is my job.  Don't get me wrong.  I put myself in charge of it.  Who doesn't want to feel special on their birthday.  We have a team member who lives in California and he always gets the shaft, but not this year.  This year I remembered in time to send his card and some Valentine candy.  I think it was a day late, but better late than never.




Commencing Happy Dance Card Recipe

This is another clean and simple card as I find those are best for the masculine cards.  I bought the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and wanted to give them a try.  I decided to use regular card stock instead of water color card stock.  Sentiment is from a recently purchased birthday sentiments set from My Favorite Things stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Nuvo black embossing powder.  The Oxide inks are Bundled Sage, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.  I put some color down on a teflon mat and added water;  dipped a really wet brush into the ink on the mat and put it on the paper.  It is that simple.  The mat is a piece of decorated water color card stock that I'd saved from a prior project.  Stamped inside is Happy Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Ruth 1:  21   I went away full, but the Lord has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The Lord has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...