Sunday, May 20, 2018

With Sympathy Rose

I have been playing with my Tombow markers and water using several flower stamps that I hadn't used in a while or ever.  As I have been in need of sympathy cards lately, I thought this rose would make a lovely sympathy card.




With Sympathy Rose Card Recipe

The Penny Black rose was stamped in Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Nuvo Black Embossing powder.  I used a beautiful red marker from Tombow to color in the areas of the flower where there would be shadows.  I added water to the part of the rose that had no color.  The water bled into the color and pulled the color out giving the effect of shadowing on the rose petals.  The same technique was used on the leaves.  I outlined the flower in a dark gray and used a brush with water to pull the color away from the flower, but leave a darker line around the flower.  This makes the flower pop.  Lucy's Cards jewels were added along with a sentiment from Paper Smooches.  A black mat finished up the card front.  Now Veletta would be proud because I stamped on the inside of the card too.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Galatians 1:  24  And they praised God because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...