Tuesday, August 25, 2020

How to Sew Your Own Face Mask Using a Serger or a Sewing Machine

So when this pandemic really took off I started sewing face masks for first responders in need.  I donated them through my LQS.  Then friends and family started asking for face masks.  I started sewing them for them.  Then the requests for certain themes came about and I started looking for fabric to fulfill those requests.

Then my daughter announced her engagement and nuptials.  I had 2 months to plan a wedding shower and a wedding during a worldwide pandemic.  It was at that time I started sewing face masks to provide at the shower and the wedding for those who 'forgot' them.  My mother also helped in that endeavor.

So here we are, still wearing face masks.  I am tempted to start sewing fall face masks, but am hoping we won't need them.  I know - wishful thinking.  So if you too are thinking it's time to start making those seasonal face masks to celebrate fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanukah and Kwanzaa - this how to is for you.  I share how I make my masks on a serger and a sewing machine.


Please give this video a thumbs up if you like it and subscribe if you want to see more.  Click the bell to be notified of new videos.  And of course share, share, share.

If you have requests for future videos, let me know in the comments.

Have a great day and be kind to yourself and everyone around you.

April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...