Monday, February 26, 2018

January Mystery Block of the Month

Well it is a new year and that means a new Mystery Block of the Month Club for quilting.  Now last year I lost interest.  I found the patterns complicated and the colors in my blocks were not my favorite.  They were cream, yellow, black and orange.  The quilt was called Sunflower something or the other, but there wasn't a sunflower in sight.  November was a crazy sad time in my life and December was a recovery period so I didn't finish the last squares.

Welcome 2018!  This year's quilt is called Rainbow something.  You can tell I'm really caught up in the titles.  ;-) . I do not I absolutely love the colors and we actually have used some pattern material in the first 2 blocks.

No judging.



Now I have a rule.  There is no reason to tear out a perfectly good stitch.  I broke that rule with this square.  Of course there is a story.  I had Monday President's Day off.  I convinced Mom to go to the Monday meeting instead of the Saturday meeting which bought me more time to make my square.  Saturday was packed with a crop and a 50th wedding anniversary party.  Sunday I went to church, ate at the chili supper, worked at Craft Inn and got home in plenty of time to make my square (5:00pm).  So what did I do?  I binge watched the Monk marathon until midnight.  I do work better under pressure remember.

I set my alarm for 7:45 which gave me an hour to finish my square.  After all, my Mom said it was an easy square.  So I cut out the material and put together my square.  2 of the squares with the design were backwards.  I took that square to the quilting meeting and got my material for February's square without having to pay.  

Mom and I went to lunch and I came home.  I decided that I was going to fix my square.  Yes - I broke my cardinal rule - I tore out stitching.  I really like these colors and the patterns.  I was inspired.  Not only did I fix my square - I finished the February square.  Bam!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Ruth 1:  18  When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...