Saturday, March 31, 2018

Yay, It's Your Birthday

I saw a card on the MFT Instagram feed that used a black ink, the radiating stencil and rainbow colors for the sentiment.  The blog is located here.


So this is what I created using this image as my inspiration.



Yay It's Your Birthday Card Recipe

I started out with watercolor card stock and Tim Holtz Oxide Ink in Black Soot.  I used a sponge dauber to apply the Oxide Ink to the watercolor paper.  I put 2 layers of the black on the paper.  The I put the Radiating Stencil from MFT over the black and put another layer of Oxide Black Soot Ink.  The rays are subtle.  I took white acrylic paint and flicked it on the Black Soot Ink.  I decided it needed a little sparkle so I also spritzed with water containing Perfect Pearls.  On another piece of watercolor card stock, I made a rainbow with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  Once I put the colors down I spritzed them with water.  I cut out the MFT Yay sentiment and cut 2 more Yays out of white card stock.  I glued them together to create a dimensional sentiment.  The It's Your Birthday sentiment is from the MFT stamp set that coordinates with the Yay dies.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Ruth 3:  5  “I will do whatever you say,” Ruth answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...