Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Happy Birthday to You

Jennifer McGuire recently did a blog post and video showcasing lots of cards using the rainbow colors.  If you follow me you know I love rainbow colors.  The new Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow card stock was quite inspiring.  Now Jennifer McGuire has inspired me with her beautiful cards. 





Happy Birthday to You

If you look at Jennifer's blog post (link in the first paragraph) and you should;  you will see that she painted a new Altenew Stamp called Mega Succulent using Zig Markers.  I recalled that I had a couple large flower stamps in my stash that I could use to CASE that technique.  Taylored Expressions came out with a large rose stamp a couple releases ago and I used that one first.  Using my MISTI, I stamped the rose using Versamark Ink and heat set with white embossing powder.  I did that twice to get a nice thick white line.  I used Zig Markers to color the rose in rainbow order.  Once I colored the image, I spritzed it with water until the colors blended.  After it dried, I stamped the leaves in the Versamark Ink and heat set in white embossing powder.  Zig markers in green were used to color the leaves.  I brushed the water on the leaves.  Once the leaves were dry, a yellow Zig Marker was used to color the border around the flower.  I added water using a brush.  The flower image was matted in pink and placed on a black card base.  A sentiment from My Favorite Things All About You was stamped in Versamark Ink and heat set in white embossing powder on black card stock.  The inside has the big YOU stamped in black ink.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Ruth 4:  5  Then Boaz said, “On the day you buy the land from Naomi, you also acquire Ruth the Moabite, the dead man’s widow, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...