Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day in the U.S. and that means today's post will be a Mother's Day Card.  My Mom is the best Mom ever to me.  I don't want to start an argument with anyone about how their Mother is better.  This isn't actually the card she is getting - I've already posted that one.  (blush).  But I would gladly give her this card.




Mom You Are the Best Card Recipe

This card started with a background technique.  I used a Taylored Expressions stencil to create this background and you will see that pattern in the future, too.  Using painter's tape, I taped the stencil over a piece of watercolor card stock.  I colored with a hot pink Zig Clean Color Clear Brush marker.  I left the stencil in place and spritzed with water.  Then I just left it to dry.  I trimmed it down to 5.25 x 4 inches and matted it in a coordinating hot pink solid card stock.  MOM is a die from Taylored Expressions which was cut out in the same hot pink solid card stock and some fun foam.  Card stock was glued on the fun foam to give Mom dimension.  You are the best is from another Taylored Expressions stamp set and it was stamped in Versamark on pink solid card stock.  A tag die from My Favorite Things was used to cut out the white embossed sentiment.  Enamel hearts from TE topped off the card.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Give your Mom a hug if she is still here on this Earth with us.  And give yourself a hug if you are a Mom - you deserve it.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Esther 1:  1  -  3  This is what happened during the time of Xerxes,[a] the Xerxes who ruled over 127 provinces stretching from India to Cush[: At that time King Xerxes reigned from his royal throne in the citadel of Susa, and in the third year of his reign he gave a banquet for all his nobles and officials. The military leaders of Persia and Media, the princes, and the nobles of the provinces were present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...