Saturday, May 12, 2018

March Mystery Block of the Month Quilt Square

So I have been 'quilting' for about 2 years now.  I am working on year number 3.  The first 2 years were not stellar.  I learned a lot, but I was not very motivated to improve.  Fast forward to this year.  The sneak peaks at the material that would be used for this years mystery block of the month was promising.  And then we got our first square.  I am in love.  I discovered that my lack of motivation prior to this year was due to the fact that I wasn't inspired by the material.  I am now excited about making these squares.

Here is the square for March:




March Quilt Square Recipe

Now if you are a quilter you will probably notice something that doesn't look quite right.  And you are correct.  The 3 inch square on the bottom right hand corner and the 3 inch square in the upper left don't match.  And that was because I made a boo boo.  I trimmed one of my squares with the white and the print too small.  I had no additional flower print material so I had to improvise.  I had yellow and white and that's what I used.  I also didn't get it placed exactly right as my seam isn't where it should be.  But you know what - I love it anyway.  ;-)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Tune in next time for another paper crafting or t-shirt project.  Have a great day and enjoy the journey and some chocolate.

April

Galatians 1:  17 .  I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Be Merry Challenge at Creative Knockouts

It is Thursday and that means it is time for a new challenge at the  Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog .  This week's theme challenge i...